Tuesday, January 29, 2013

One Thing

So much learning is happening today.  I learned A LOT from our students.  Take a look at some of the answers I got when I asked my students to tell me one thing they learned today (and it was only 10:15!).

“There’s water in butter.  When you melt the butter, it exposes the water, which makes more gluten when you mix it with flour.  That’s what makes a cookie chewy.”  -Jack

“The V8 engine that Koenigsegg makes is the lightest in the world.”  -Ted

“You can’t juice broccoli!  It has a really bad onion smell.”  -Emily

“It’s not easy to make an App! I mean, it’s fun...but it’s tedious!”  -Trey

“Striped bass and blue fish both prefer to feed in deep water.”  -Brad

“In the Unites States, 30% of raw materials are used on the construction of buildings.” -Ari

“Overhead lights on your car are an illegal modification in many states.”  -Joe

“Converse remained the most popular basketball sneaker long after Nike and Puma were introduced to the public.”  -Nate

“There are more than two dog sled formations!  I found a third!”  -Sophie

“The cravings you get for fatty foods come out of the temporal lobe of your brain.”  -Paige

Check back tomorrow for my next blog!  The students will all be starting to build their exhibits.  Hopefully, I’ll have fun pictures to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment