Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Marcus: Money & Happiness

A screenshot of Marcus's original survey.  Image shared by Marcus.
Hello my name is Marcus and I am in Edge. My project is business, and I am studying the many aspects of the topic. Lately I have been focusing on the science portion of my project. I have sent out a survey asking how much money would you need for your entire lifetime. Then I took 6 people from the list who filled it out, and I have been asking multiple questions about their answers. The hope of my whole science project is to get people really thinking about their future because we do not know what we want until we think about it. What I have been finding out from the survey is that people really don’t know the worth of money, how much they need, or their expenses for the future.

I would love any feedback relating to what I’m doing and the survey (ex:  questions you like and more good questions to ask).  Here are my questions:

  1. What did you pick as your money amount? 
  2. What is your definition of being happy with the money amount? 
  3. What influenced your decision?
  4. Are you expecting to have a family?
  5. Did you take account of kids and schooling, dentists, doctors, bills and other expenses? 
  6. Are you planning to support your spouse with the money? 
  7. Why do you think this amount will keep you happy?
  8. Are you expecting to go on family vacations?
  9. Why do you think some people need less or more money to be happy?
  10. Do you know the average American would make $1,400,000 in their whole lives? (The average kid till the age 18 the parent will usually spend $245,000.)

No comments:

Post a Comment