Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Emily: Meringues & Nanaimo Bars

Meringues, ready to serve.
Image located at www.recipeshubs.com.
Meringues
Yum! How can you not love them? Just sugar and egg whites whipped up to perfection. I had quite a bit of fun with this recipe. It was nice to try out my piping skills, and the students and faculty loved them. From the website attached below, I followed the directions exactly.  However, I suggest you leave the vanilla extract out. It gave my meringues a cream color rather than white. If you want a little more flavor, I’d say add some almond extract or some sort of colorless flavoring. Also, when piping, use a big tip to achieve a nice size meringue.  When nearing the hour and a half mark, test one of your meringues to see if it has dried because cook times may vary depending on size and shape. Finally, I served my meringues with berries with sugar; the faculty and students went crazy for that.  http://mobile.eatingwell.com/recipes/meringues.html

A recipe for Nanaimo Bars.
Image provided by Emily.
Mouthwatering Nanaimo Bars.
Image located at thatwinsomegirl.blogspot.com.
 

Nanaimo Bars
This great Canadian treat tastes sooooo good. I used a recipe I got from my mom and aunt. I have attached screenshots of them to the left. Nanaimo bars are easy to make and they are no bake. I have no suggestions for this recipe. They’re that good. They are a must try!

No comments:

Post a Comment